Terms & conditions of Use
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website https://globalwelsh.com/ (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- When we are responsible for loss or damage suffered by you.
- Rules about uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Christmas competition Terms & Conditions
Who we are and how to contact us
https://globalwelsh.com/ is a site operated by GlobalWelsh CIC ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10056378 and have our registered office at:
We are a community interest company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time, to reflect changes to our campaign, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- A perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display that user-generated content in connection with the services provided by GlobalWelsh and to promote our site across different media.
- A perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for our partners and other users of our site to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display that user-generated content in connection with the services provided by GlobalWelsh and to promote our site across different media.
If you do not wish to grant such rights to GlobalWelsh it is suggested you do not upload or post content to our site.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Christmas competition Terms & Conditions
The competition is open to anyone who lives in Wales, used to live in Wales, or has an affinity for Wales. The competition closes on 31st December at midnight (GMT).
- Open to anyone who has lived in Wales, but now lives abroad, aged 18 or over only.
- Competition closes at midnight on 31st December 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
- One entry per person. Bulk and/or third party entries will be void.
- To enter this competition, please write your unique Wonderful Welsh Story and submit it via the GlobalWelsh website before the Closing Date. Your submission must contain your name, email address, country, city, your link to wales, your story, supporting media. Your submitted story must be at least 100 words long but no longer than 500 words. Entries must be typed in English or Welsh only. Your entry must be written in the allocated box, if entered in the wrong section, it will not qualify.
- Entries must be the personal story of the entrant and not copied from anywhere else. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by GlobalWelsh.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence GlobalWelsh CIC a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition. GlobalWelsh CIC is under no obligation to publish any entries. Please note, any publication of an entry does not mean that entrant has won a prize.
- All valid entries received before the Closing Date will be reviewed by a sub-panel of judges who will use the Judging Criteria (set out in clause 8). An overall winner will be selected from the entries. The Prize winner will be notified during the week commencing Monday 7th January 2019. The Judge's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging criteria and apportionment are:
- Originality (40%)
- Inspirational messaging (40%)
- Welsh theme (20%)
- The first 10 entrants will receive a GlobalWelsh t-shirt. The overall prize winner will receive - a surprise box of goodies.
- The winning entrant agrees to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition, including but not limited to having their name published with their entry.
- Where relevant no cash alternative in whole or in part.
- Competition general terms and conditions apply (please see below*).
*COMPETITION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- Unless otherwise specified, the competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over except employees of GlobalWelsh CIC and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Entry limited to one per person. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then GlobalWelsh reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by GlobalWelsh under this promotion including their name, city/country and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. GlobalWelsh reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. GlobalWelsh reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- Unless otherwise specified, the winner(s) will be selected from all correct entries received before the closing date. Winners will be notified within 7 days after the closing date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, GlobalWelsh reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the correct entries that were received before the closing date.
- GlobalWelsh reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence GlobalWelsh a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- GlobalWelsh’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- GlobalWelsh will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of GlobalWelsh or its employees, GlobalWelsh will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by GlobalWelsh or any associated or subsidiary company of GlobalWelsh.
- Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- GlobalWelsh reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. GlobalWelsh reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- The promoter of this prize draw is GlobalWelsh (address below)
- For the name of the winner please send a stamped envelope to GlobalWelsh, Sovereign House Sterling Court, Sterling Drive, Llantrisant, CF72 8YX, stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.
- Competition rules published on the GlobalWelsh website form part of these rules.