Terms & conditions of Membership
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
These terms and conditions apply to your application for GlobalWelsh membership and are the terms and conditions on which GlobalWelsh agree to provide your membership services.
GlobalWelsh is a community interest company (not-for-profit) all membership fees will go towards supporting GlobalWelsh's grassroots effort to connect Wales and the Welsh diaspora around the world. To find out more about our work and mission, visit globalwelsh.com.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before completing your application to become a member of GlobalWelsh.
We are GlobalWelsh CIC, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10056378 and our registered office address is Pembroke House, Llantarnam Parkway, Cwmbran, Torfaen NP44 3AU (“GlobalWelsh”). References to “we”, “us” and “our” should be construed as references to GlobalWelsh.
- GlobalWelsh Membership
- Price and Payment
- Your Right to Cancel
- Our Right to Cancel
- Renewal of GlobalWelsh Membership
- Limitation of Liability
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- Other Important Terms
- Do not rely on information on our site or portal.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- Rules about uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site or portal.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
By applying for GlobalWelsh membership you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There are three GlobalWelsh membership packages:-
- GlobalWelsh Free;
- GlobalWelsh Pathfinder; and
- GlobalWelsh Pioneer
- By becoming a GlobalWelsh Member, you will be eligible to use certain services and receive certain benefits which can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/connect.
- All Members are required to sign up as a GlobalWelsh Free Member (unless otherwise agreed by GlobalWelsh at its sole discretion) and may then upgrade to an alternative membership package as set out below.
- Our acceptance of your application to join GlobalWelsh will take place when we email you to confirm acceptance and you activate your profile on GlobalWelsh Connect at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us which shall continue until terminated by either party in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- As a GlobalWelsh Free Member you may upgrade your membership package to become either a GlobalWelsh Pathfinder or a GlobalWelsh Pioneer, by selecting to upgrade your membership package on GlobalWelsh Connect and paying the relevant membership fee.
- If you upgrade your membership in accordance with clause 2.4 above, the upgrade shall take effect immediately and shall continue, unless terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of your upgrade.
- On expiry of the twelve (12) month period under 2.6 above, your membership package will automatically be downgraded to a GlobalWelsh Free Member with the corresponding services and benefits, unless renewed in accordance with clause 6 below.
- Any services and benefits made available to you as a Member of GlobalWelsh are at the sole and absolute discretion of GlobalWelsh and we shall notify you of any changes to the services or benefits from time to time.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the benefits and services provided by any third parties (e.g. invitations to events, discounts) will be delivered and be of a suitable standard, GlobalWelsh is in no way responsible for such benefits and services, which remain the sole responsibility of such third parties. GlobalWelsh make no representation, warranty, recommendation or endorsement of the goods or services provided by such parties and you accept that none is given or implied.
- Only persons aged eighteen to twenty-four (18-24) at the date of application are eligible to apply for GlobalWelsh Pathfinder membership. By applying for GlobalWelsh Pathfinder membership you warrant you are aged eighteen to twenty-four (18-24).
- You warrant that all information provided as part of the application process is accurate and correct at the date of your application.
- Each Member shall only be entitled to one membership package. GlobalWelsh reserves the right to cancel any subsequent membership packages taken out by the same Member and to delete any subsequent profiles on GlobalWelsh (which once deleted cannot be retrieved).
Price and Payment
- Membership fees can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/connect and are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of GlobalWelsh. The applicable membership fee shall be the relevant membership fee displayed on the GlobalWelsh website at the date of upgrade.
- In order to upgrade to GlobalWelsh Pathfinder or GlobalWelsh Pioneer package on GlobalWelsh Connect, you must pay the relevant membership fee using the link provided via PayPal.
- As GlobalWelsh is a UK organisation, all fees are in pounds sterling.
- Membership fees are inclusive of VAT.
Your Right to Cancel
- As a GlobalWelsh Free Member you have the right to cancel the contract between you and GlobalWelsh at any time. On such cancellation GlobalWelsh will delete your profile on GlobalWelsh (which once deleted cannot be retrieved).
- If you decide to upgrade your membership package to a GlobalWelsh Pathfinder or GlobalWelsh Pioneer, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel the contract between you and GlobalWelsh at any time during the fourteen (14) days starting on the date you upgraded your membership and ending fourteen (14) days after the day on which you upgraded your membership (the “Cancellation Period”). If you wish to cancel the contract during the Cancellation Period, you must make a clear statement that you intend to cancel by sending an email to email@example.com. Please provide your name and email address confirming that you wish to cancel your upgrade.
- If you cancel the contract during the Cancellation Period, in accordance with paragraph 4.2 above, you will be reimbursed all payments received from you in respect of your application for GlobalWelsh membership and your membership package will be downgraded to a GlobalWelsh Free Member. GlobalWelsh will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction and you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. If you require supply of any services or benefits available to you in respect of the contract during the Cancellation Period, GlobalWelsh may deduct from the reimbursement an amount in respect of the services performed during the Cancellation Period.
- If you cancel an upgraded membership after the Cancellation Period, you will not be entitled to receive a refund from GlobalWelsh, save for a cancellation as set out in clause 4.4.
- You may also cancel your membership with us because we have told you about an upcoming change to the services, benefits or these terms and conditions which you do not agree to. If you wish to cancel your membership in accordance with this clause, you must make a clear statement that you intend to cancel the contract by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen (14) days of us notifying you of an upcoming change. Please provide your name, email address and reason for cancellation.
- If you cancel you contract in accordance with clause 4.5 above, you will be reimbursed any membership fee received from you for the remainder of the membership period on a pro-rata basis (from the date of cancellation to the end of the twelve (12) month period running from the date of your upgrade).
Our Right to Cancel
- We reserve the right to terminate GlobalWelsh Free membership at any time and to delete the relevant profile on GlobalWelsh (which once deleted cannot be retrieved).
- If we cancel your GlobalWelsh membership in accordance with clause 5.2 you will not be entitled to receive a refund and your profile will be deleted from GlobalWelsh Connect (which once deleted cannot be retrieved).
Renewal of GlobalWelsh Membership
- GlobalWelsh Pathfinders and GlobalWelsh Pioneers will be contacted by GlobalWelsh prior to the expiry of your membership package with the option to renew your membership package for a further twelve (12) months on payment of the applicable membership fee.
- On payment of such fee in accordance with clause 6.1 the membership package shall be renewed for a further twelve (12) months unless terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to condition 7.1, GlobalWelsh shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential for any representation, misrepresentation (whether innocent or negligent), statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with the Contract, including, but not limited to, any acts or omissions of any third-party or Member under the GlobalWelsh mentoring programme.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Other Important Terms
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms and conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking of this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms and conditions, their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
12th June 2020