GlobalWelsh for Business Membership Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your application for GlobalWelsh business membership and are the terms and conditions on which GlobalWelsh agree to provide your business membership services.
GlobalWelsh is a community interest company (not-for-profit) all membership fees will go towards supporting GlobalWelsh's grassroots effort to connect Wales and the Welsh diaspora around the world. To find out more about our work and mission, visit globalwelsh.com.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before completing your application to become a business member of GlobalWelsh.
We are GlobalWelsh CIC, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10056378 and our registered office address is Pembroke House, Llantarnam Parkway, Cwmbran, Torfaen NP44 3AU (“GlobalWelsh”). References to “we”, “us” and “our” should be construed as references to GlobalWelsh.
- By applying for GlobalWelsh business membership you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your business membership. .
GlobalWelsh Business Membership
There are three GlobalWelsh business membership packages:-
- GlobalWelsh Small;
- GlobalWelsh Medium; and
- GlobalWelsh Enterprise,
each a GlobalWelsh “Business Member”.
- By becoming a Business Member, you will be eligible to use certain services and receive certain benefits. Details of our current business membership packages can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/connect.
- Our acceptance of your application to join GlobalWelsh business membership will take place when we email you to confirm acceptance of your application
- Once your application has been accepted, we shall activate your business membership at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us (Commencement Date). We aim to activate all business memberships within 5 working days of acceptance of an application form.
- This contract shall commence on the Commencement Date and shall continue, unless terminated earlier in accordance with this contract, for a period of 12 months (Term) when it shall automatically terminate without notice unless payment for a further period of 12 months is received prior to the end of the Term.
- Any services and benefits made available to you as a Business Member of GlobalWelsh are at the sole and absolute discretion of GlobalWelsh and we shall notify you of any changes to the services or benefits from time to time.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the benefits and services provided by any third parties (e.g., invitations to events, discounts) will be delivered and be of a suitable standard, GlobalWelsh is in no way responsible for such benefits and services, which remain the sole responsibility of such third parties. GlobalWelsh make no representation, warranty, recommendation or endorsement of the goods or services provided by such parties and you accept that none is given or implied.
- You warrant that all information provided as part of the application process is accurate and correct at the date of your application and you agree to keep this information updated.
- Each Business Member shall only be entitled to one business profile on GlobalWelsh Connect which shall only include the details of the respective Business Member. GlobalWelsh reserves the right to delete any subsequent profiles created by the Business Member (which once deleted cannot be retrieved).
Business Member Users
- Each membership package entitles a Business Member to add a certain number of users to GlobalWelsh Connect. You will provide us with the name and contact details of an individual holding a senior position within your business who will be responsible for informing us of the names and business email addresses of the users of Global Welsh Connect and any subsequent changes (“Admin User”).
- All Business Member users are required to sign up as a GlobalWelsh Free member in accordance with the GlobalWelsh Membership Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/membership-terms and will be added to the Business membership once activated. You shall procure that such users keep their profiles updated.
- In the event that a user profile is no longer required during the Term (for example, where an employee has left your business), Business Members will be entitled to replace this user with someone else for the remainder of the Term.
- In the event that a Business Member wishes to add additional users to GlobalWelsh Connect to those allocated under their membership package, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Any provision for additional users shall be subject to an additional fee which shall be invoiced to the Business Member at the time of the request to be paid in accordance with Clause 4.3.
- The activation of your business membership will include activation of a business profile on GlobalWelsh Connect. Once activated only the business user who created the business profile and the GlobalWelsh Connect administrator will be able to edit the business profile. An Admin User can request changes be made to a business profile by the GlobalWelsh Connect administrator. You agree to keep any information on your business profile updated.
Price and Payment
- Business membership fees can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/connect and are subject to change from time to time at the sole discretion of GlobalWelsh. The business membership fee shall be the relevant business membership package fee displayed on the GlobalWelsh website at the date of application or any renewal. Business Members who have paid in advance for more than 12 months on the Commencement Date shall not be subject to any price increases for those membership fees paid in advance.
- We shall invoice Business Members annually in advance on receipt of an application for business membership or on request for renewal save for where a Business Member has elected to pay for multiple years in advance, in which case, GlobalWelsh shall invoice the Business Member in advance for the number of years specified by the Business Member.
- Invoices shall be paid by the Business Member within 30 days of the date of the invoice in full and cleared funds into our nominated bank account.
- As GlobalWelsh is a UK organisation, all fees are in pounds sterling.
- Business membership fees are inclusive of VAT.
Your Right to Cancel
- You may cancel your GlobalWelsh business membership at any time by sending a clear statement that you intend to cancel the contract by email to email@example.com. If your business membership is cancelled in accordance with this clause, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- You may also cancel your membership with us because we have told you about a withdrawal or downgrade to the services or benefits. If you wish to cancel your membership in accordance with this clause, you must make a clear statement that you intend to cancel the contract by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen (14) days of us notifying you of such upcoming change. Please provide your company name, email address and reason for cancellation.
- If you cancel you contract in accordance with clause 5.2 above, you will be reimbursed any membership fee received from you for the remainder of the membership period on a pro-rata basis (from the date of cancellation to the end of the period which you have paid for).
Our Right to Cancel
- We reserve the right to cancel your GlobalWelsh business membership at any time for breach of these terms and conditions or breach of any of the following policies https://globalwelsh.com/privacy-policy, https://globalwelsh.com/terms-of-use and https://globalwelsh.com/acceptable-use-policy.
- If we cancel your GlobalWelsh membership in accordance with clause 6.1 you will not be entitled to receive a refund for any membership fees paid.
Consequences of Termination or Expiry
- On expiry or termination of this contract howsoever arising, all business membership rights and benefits shall terminate, your business profile will be deleted from the GlobalWelsh Business Directory and access rights granted to all users under the business membership shall either be automatically be converted to GlobalWelsh Free members as set out in the GlobalWelsh Membership Terms and Conditions which can be found at https://globalwelsh.com/terms-of-use or in the event of a breach in accordance with clause 6.1, GlobalWelsh may delete any or all user accounts.
Limitation of Liability
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to condition 8.1, GlobalWelsh shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential for any representation, misrepresentation (whether innocent or negligent), statement or tortious act or omission (including negligence) arising under or in connection with the Contract, including, but not limited to, any acts or omissions of any third-party or Business Member under the GlobalWelsh mentoring programme.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
- We will only use your personal information as set out in our https://globalwelsh.com/privacy-policy.
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this contract to another organisation We will always tell you in writing if this happens.
- You may not transfer your rights or obligations under this contract to another organisation without our prior written consent.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Any notice given to a party under or in connection with this contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service at its registered office (if a company) or its principal place of business (in any other case); or sent by email to email@example.com.
Any notice shall be deemed to have been received:
- if delivered by hand, at the time the notice is left at the proper address;
- if sent by pre-paid first-class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second business day (Monday to Friday on a day that is not a public holiday) after posting; or
- if sent by email at the time of transmission, or, if this time falls outside business hours (9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday on a day that is not a public holiday) in the place of receipt, when business hours resume.
- This clause 10.4 does not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action or, where applicable, any other method of dispute resolution.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in force and effect.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms and conditions, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking of this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- These terms and conditions, their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You and we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
6th October 2021