A Christmas message from GlobalWelsh
As we come to the end of 2021, we wanted to take some time to reflect on a year gone by and look onto the next with gratitude and excitement for the year ahead.
It’s been a very busy and challenging 12 months for most of us but amongst all the uncertainty it’s still important to look back and review achievements and milestones. There have been many highlights for GlobalWelsh and our small team, notably during 2021 we:
- Appointed a new Chair
- Hosted our second Founding Patron's Forum (and first virtually)
- Hosted and/or participated in 36 online events
- Formed a formal partnership with the Welsh Government
- Welcomed Andrew Williams (CEO, Halma plc) as a Founding Patron
- Launched a Wonderful Welsh Women campaign to celebrate successful Welsh women in Wales and around the world
- Published research into the perspectives of the North American Welsh diaspora
- Published article on the uniqueness of Welsh leadership
- Announced a 10-year-partnership with the Prince’s Trust
- Launched the MyMentor programme online via the Connect platform
- Appointed a new Director of GlobalWelsh Invest
- Held a business and culture event in partnership with the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama at the Steinway Centre in Beijing
- Launched GlobalWelsh for Business membership - completing our membership offering to people and businesses around the world
- Launched a new Hub in the Middle East
- Successfully delivered the first year of the Welsh Government contract
- Partnered with M-Sparc to support innovative early-stage businesses in north Wales
- Hosted a Diaspora Direct Investment (DDI) Fund for Wales stakeholder workshop with Wales’ four City Deal Regions
We are looking forward to 2022. Further community and team growth, ramping up support for our members and doing our bit to strengthen Wales’ position on the world stage!
Needless to say, we are incredibly grateful to you and all our members around the world. There is such power in diaspora engagement, in using our 'Welshness' to connect us, and we look forward to even more of it in 2022.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or are able to contribute in any way, the door is always open and we always welcome your thoughts and input.
On behalf of myself and the team at GlobalWelsh, I wish you a very enjoyable Christmas and New Year celebration. I hope those who can, are able to make it back to Wales. But if not, I hope that being part of GlobalWelsh offers you a little piece of home wherever you are in the world.
I hope that 2022 is a peaceful and prosperous year for you and that we finally get back to some semblance of normality.
Diolch yn fawr iawn, take care,
GlobalWelsh Founder and CEO
Ymunwch â GlobalWelsh
Dewch yn rhan o dyfiant rhwydwaith ar-lein o bobl Gymeig sy’n cydweithio ar gyfer y gorau i Gymru gan gefnogi eraill, archwilio cyfleoedd busnes a rhannu gwybodaeth.Ymunwch â GlobalWelsh