The Aftermath of Storm Dennis: Community Appeals
Storm Dennis hit UK, and South Wales especially, hard over the weekend, the second storm in a fortnight (with another forecast to be on its way!). Many parts of the country have been left ravaged by flood water and with damage caused by high winds.
Firstly, we want to extend our thoughts to those affected by this. Secondly, to those in our community who are willing and able to help, we have compiled a list of appeals from communities around Wales who are now in the process of rebuilding and restoring in the aftermath of the storm. Likewise, we have started a list of 'offers of help' below.
Please see information below*, assorted by location, please follow the links to respond to each directly.
If you know of any other appeals or offers of help please let us know and we will add in to the list.
Diolch yn fawr iawn...
In alphabetical order:
Donation drop off points:
- Treforest Community Centre. Kingsland Terrace CF37 1RX
- Treforest football club White Tips stadium Pontypridd CF37 1RX
- Trawlln Community centre Tuesday 18 February from 10am only.
- Taffs Well rugby club. Maes-Y-Gwyn. Glan-y-llyn CF15 7JD
- Taffs Well Community Hall CF15 7PL
- Van Community centre. Porset Dr, Caerphilly CF83 1RX
- Cwtchy Days Unit i (next to Brandon tool hire) Caerphilly business park Caerphilly CF83 3ED (Hours of 9-4pm only)
- Edward's & Co* Rhiwbina CF14 6HA (weekdays between 9-5 only)
- Maes y coed community centre, 1 Jubilee Gardens, Cardiff CF14 4PP
- Llanishen rugby club 77 Ty Glas Ave. CF14 5PW
- Llandaff North Christian Centre 1 Andrew Rd CF14 2JN will be open Tuesday 18th February at 2 - 3pm and Wednesday 12-2 6-8pm (see photo in comments with contact details)
- New drop off zone pentrabane. It’s Pentrebane Zone, beechley drive, cf5 3sg (It doesn’t have a number it’s just called Pentrebane zone )
- New Inn pub. Caerphilly Rd Birchgrove CF14 4AE open 12-11pm
- Am Leanne Wood Treorchy office (small items only) *UPDATE building full **atm
- Treorchy Too good to waste (Larger items and delivery) for more info speak to AM Leanne Wood
- Ystrad Rhondda sport centre
- Welsh Hearts Tonypandy (Opposite De Winton Pub)
- The Bush Hotel in Clydach Vale (Monday 17th from 6pm only ** 1 night only**) await update before taking items there as their full atm
- Capel Farm Community centre Tonyrefail CF39 8LW
- Fruit shop. 46 Gilfach Goch CF39 8TG
- Llantrisant Leisure centre CF72 8DJ
- The Nibblers fish & pedicure spa & Beauty salon. 68 Holton Rd. Barry CF63 4HE Open until 7pm Wed 19th & Thursday 20th
Offers of help
*Please note: GlobalWelsh has received these links and information from members of the community, they have not been verified by GlobalWelsh. We urge you to please be vigilant and only donate to genuine causes and via ligitimate third party websites.
Ymuno â GlobalWelsh
Dewch yn rhan o dyfiant rhwydwaith ar-lein o bobl Gymeig sy’n cydweithio ar gyfer y gorau i Gymru gan gefnogi eraill, archwilio cyfleoedd busnes a rhannu gwybodaeth.Ymuno â GlobalWelsh